Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Shopping Sadness

My boyfriend and I will be together 6 years on October 14th. So to celebrate we are going out for a nice dinner and spending the whole day together. I decided since I am usually in jeans and a t-shirt that I would attempt to by some dress clothes for the occasion. Apparently 99% of stores do not carry dress pants for people in a size 18-20. It makes me so angry that most stores do not have a decent plus size selection, and when they do....well....the clothing looks a little something like this..

   

I am on a pretty limited budget so the higher end plus size stores don't usually work out well for me. It just makes me mad that stores must not think that there are bigger women who enjoy having nice looking things. I did end up finding 2 nice dress shirts, but no pants :-/  Yet another reason to make me realize how much of a stigma fat people have against them.  I am not going to let this get me down, I have an amazing weekend planned, and I am happy that I have been with someone so long who loves me for who I am.







No comments:

Post a Comment