Friday, September 30, 2011

Java monster shall forever be the death of me!

So I am 1 day into my diet and I think I am losing my ever loving mind! Food wise I am doing quite well, but I can't get past the cravings for sugary drinks. As everyone in my life knows I have an awful addiction to mean bean java monster energy drinks. (It is the one thing that helps me deal with customers at work) The problem is there is far too much sugar and I am trying to cut sugar slowly out of my diet. I have tried switching to coffee and using splenda but all artificial sugars make my belly hurt. I have heard it takes 21 days to break a habit and I sure hope those 21 days come and go quickly! 

Breakfast- 3/4 cup of fiber plus Caramel Pecan crunch cereal with 1/2 cup almond milk (BEST CEREAL EVER) and 1 red delicious apple

Lunch- Lean Cuisine roasted garlic chicken pizza

Snack- Baby carrots (lost track of how many)


Dinner- 1/2 cup whole grain pasta with tomato spinach and chicken in a garlic white wine sauce


I know that boxed meals are not the best thing for me diet wise but i am trying to find ways to deal with portion control. I am hoping to meet with a dietitian sometime soon to see what diet will work best for me.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Sugar addiction is a difficult thing to deal with - but you can reduce your cravings so that they don't rule your life. Try including some sweet vegetables into your diet, like sweet potatoes or beets. There are some great alternative sweeteners too that won't spike your blood sugar - my favorite is coconut sugar. Honey is a good natural sweetener too, as long as you have just a bit.

    Holly Amarandei, MS, CPC, CHHC
    Yummy Life Wellness
    http://www.yummylifewellness.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bethany, congrats on your decision to make a healthy change! I have diabetes and PCOS and currently weigh 219, so I can relate. My endocrinologist kept pushing me to do weight watchers so in June, my husband and I decided to give it a try. He's lost 30 lbs and I've lost 25 so far. Weight watchers really helped with my portion control. You can eat almost anything as long as you have the available "points" to do so. If you wants something sinful, it forces you to eat healthier to allow for that something extra. (Compromise) Plus I eat a ton more veggies and fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great job on the 25 lbs! It is great that you and your husband are doing it together. I was always curious about weight watchers, now that I am hearing more wonderful things I may have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete